Thursday, April 3, 2014

What is so awesome about Shakeology?

This is just a quick blog to let my friends, family, and fans know about what is so awesome about Shakeology. In 2013, I lost 50 lbs drinking Shakeology and doing Beachbody workouts. Which is an awesome task in and of itself. But the MOST amazing thing I really love about what Shakeology has given me that money just can't buy: ENERGY. I am one of those people who can just keep going. And going. The things I have been able to do in the past year because of my energy just simply amazes me. And it is because of Shakeology.

I remember vividly this winter the energy I had to help gather wood. See, I live in a log home with an open floor plan. And we heat with wood as our main source of heat. I live on about 3.5 acres of property. Most weekends you will find my husband in the yard either with a chainsaw in his hands or sitting next to the wood splitter making our firewood. And we have lived in this house for about 5 years. And for the past five years, I gave birth to 3 children. So every winter I was always pregnant (shouldn't lift heavy things) or nursing an infant (which wasvery time intensive.) So I was never able to really help except maybe to stack some wood every now and then.

This winter here in NJ it was super cold with many days falling to zero degrees and about eight snowstorms. And we have had several machine problems with chainsaws, our wood splitter and the quad breaking down on us, which really slowed down cutting and moving the wood. One week in particular I remember Scott telling me, if you can get any wood up to the house, that would help. It was going to be a cold spell. So after I got my son onto the bus, got the baby down for an early morning nap and my daughter nestled in the house, I went down with serious determination to get some wood up to the house. Now, my front part of my property is a hill and of couse the wood is at the bottom and the house is at the top of the hill. And the quad is broken, not that I know how to drive it anyway. So I grabbed the wheelbarrow and went down the hill, filled it up with about a dozen pieces of wood and then pushed the full wheelbarrow up the hill and dumped it by the porch. And then repeated that over and over and over again for the next hour. After that time, I saw how big the pile was, I threw the logs onto the porch, which if you have every thrown wood about 5-7 feet, not that easy. After I got it on the porch, I then stacked it on our wood cord holder against the front of the house. Definitely got my heart rate up as I got almost a week's worth of wood up to my house.

Now I had never done this before. And it's was about 9:45-10am. Then I went in the house and took care of my infant and daughter, and my oldest son when he got home, cleaned the house, cooked all our meals and went about my routine, which of course, included my Beachbody workout. At the end of that day, of which I am glad I took some pictures, that is when I realized that I am a Log Cabin Mama and we are some tough women. But I wasn't able to do this before. Not for 5 winters. What was the difference this time?

That is when I realized how much energy I had. Like Superman energy. And I knew, just knew, it was because I was drinking Shakeology every single day. The nutrition it provides that aides my muscles to work harder than they ever have before. To do all that before 10 am AND still do all my regular responsibilities. The fact that I didn't get sore or winded or fatigues. Shakeology. The vitamins and minerals really make a difference in how your body can handle all sorts of challenges. And I just kept realizing over and over, that what you reap, you sow. What you put in your body changes what your body is capable of doing.

I feel so amazed and blessed that I can do all this and more... because of Shakeology. Thank you God!

No comments:

Post a Comment